Usually, many users encounter Windows 10 startup folder not working. When the programs in your system fail to operate, it further makes your startup process slower. If the folders in your device experience a crash, it renders the users helpless.
Through this article, you will be able to resolve Windows 10 startup not working with ease. Besides, we will be discussing the different uses of the startup folders in your system. So, we suggest you go through this article to know more about the startup folders of your Windows device.
How Do Startup Folders Operate in Windows 10?
Many users have seen the startup folders in the previous version of the Windows Operating System. Basically, the startup folder makes a list of all the programs installed in your device. It helps to run all the programs in your device when you turn on the system.
You can look for the startup folders in the programs section of your system. You can move to the program shortcut and you can find them. Here, you can configure your startup folders to remove any issue prevalent in your device.
How to Fix Windows 10 Startup Folder not Working?
We suggest you have a look below at some of the most accurate fixes that will help you to resolve folder startup issues in your Windows 10 device.
Method 1: Check the Startup Manager
This is the first method that you should try to fix the folder startup error in your device. If there is any startup issue with your system, your startup folder can crash. Hence, we suggest you check the Startup Manager for making sure that there is no issue with your startup programs. Besides, you can navigate to the Task Manager to get all the programs from there. You can enable your preferred program in the device. So, to modify the Startup Manager, you can follow these steps:
- First, you need to press and hold Ctrl plus Shift and the Esc button together. This will bring the Task Manager.
- Next, you need to go to the Startup tab.
- Then, you need to choose the preferred programs that you want to enable.
- After that, you need to save the changes you made. Then, you can restart your device to check if the startup programs not starting Windows 10 issue exists or not.
Method 2: Reinstall the Programs
Once you install a software in your device, you notice a shortcut option appearing with the startup folder in your system. Moreover, if you fail to see a shortcut option of the startup folders, you can skip that part. There can be a possible change in the installation sequence in your system. But the folder remains at the same place. You need to use the shortcut option to operate the program.
Moreover, you can run the program as planned by repairing the installation program in your device. So, you can follow the given steps to reinstall the programs in your device.
- To begin with, you need to go to the Windows search bar. Here, you have to type Control Panel.
- Now, in the Control Panel, you can look for the Category View option. Then, you have to navigate to the ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- Next, find out the program that is causing the issue in your system. Then, you have to right click on it.
- Now, you need to select the Uninstall option.
- After that, you need to go to the Program files and remove the selected folder.
- Next, you can reinstall the software again in your device and check if the issue continues to appear or not.
Method 3: Use the Shell Command
If you are still getting the same “Windows 10 startup folder not working” issue appearing in your device, then this is another alternative solution that you can try. You can resolve this issue by using the Shell command in your system.
- First, you need to go to the Windows Start button.
- Then, you have to move to the Start Menu.
- Next, navigate to the Search Box.
- Now that you have made it ot the Search Box, you need to type Run in the search box and then hit the Enter button.
- After that, you need to type the command shell:common startup as the name of the program. Then, you have to tap on the OK button.
Method 4: Disable User Account Control
This is another method that you should implement to fix Windows 10 startup folder not working in your device. Your startup folder can, at times, stop working because of the User Account Control. Hence, you can disable it in your device to resolve this problem. Follow these instructions to disable the User Account Control from your Windows 10 device.
- Initially, you need to tap on the Start button. Then, you can move to the Windows search bar.
- In the Windows Search bar, you need to type User Account Control. This will take you to the user control settings.
- Now, you have to look for the User Account Control option from the list.
- When you get that option, tap on it.
- After that, you need to click on the Confirm Changes option to save all the changes.
- Now, you can check whether this method resolves your startup folder issue or not.
Method 5: Fix Windows 10 Registry
If you are still unable to fix Windows 10 startup folder not working issue in your device, then you should check your Windows 10 registry for errors. It is possible that you will encounter the Startup folder errors if there is an issue with your System Registry files. Hence, we suggest you check your Windows 10 registry files to avoid any problem with your device.
- Go to the Windows search box and type the command ‘regedit.’
- Then, you have to press and hold both the Ctrl button and the R key simultaneously to bring the Run dialogue box. Now, in the dialogue box, you need to write regedit. Here, ensure that you backup all your data before you move to the next step.
- Now, you have to tap on the H key and then move to the Local Machine section.
- Next, you need to select Software.
- Then, you can move to the Microsoft Windows option.
- Here, you can check the current version of your Windows registry.
- Next, right-click on the String Value option.
- Here, you can select your preferred program that you are willing to run in your Windows 10 device.
- Then, make sure you click on the OK button to save the changes.
Method 6: Reset Your Computer
If nothing works for you so far, then you need to reset your device to its factory configuration. This method helps to resolve many issues in your device. Resetting your computer will take you back to its default version. To reset your computer to its factory version, you can follow the steps right below.
- First, you need to press and hold both the Windows logo key and ‘I’ simultaneously to go to the Settings.
- Now, in the Settings section, you have to navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- Next, you can move to the Recovery option.
- After that, you need to tap on the ‘Reset this PC’ option. This will reset your PC to its factory configuration.
- Now, you can check if this method resolves your issue with the startup folder.
We recommend you to go through the article completely and implement all these methods to resolve the startup folder issue from your Windows 10 device.