While working on a Windows OS based system, you will encounter some error or issue without any prior notice. And the “RPC server is unavailable” error is one of them.
This error message usually indicates that the user’s system is facing issues while communicating with the other devices or machines through a wireless or wired network.
Most of the time the RPC server error is triggered by simple software misconfiguration. Hence it is quite easy to resolve with proper troubleshooting methods.
Now, if you want to learn about these methods and want to implement then follow this article to the end. This is because we have provided every possible solution to this error here.
But before you scroll to the solution section we will suggest you have a look at the causes of this error. This acts as an added benefit and helps to eliminate error at the earliest.
Major Cause of the “RPC Server is Unavailable” Error Message
In this section, we have explained some of the major causes of this error message. Have a look at them.
- The RPC services are not functioning properly.
- Improper internet connection settings.
- Windows Firewall is blocking the RPC server request
- RPC server is down.
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of the “RPC server is unavailable” error then let’s have a look at is solutions.
Ways to Remove the “RPC Server is Unavailable” Error Message
There are many ways through which you can resolve the “RPC server is unavailable” error on the Windows 10 based system. But in order to get a positive result, you need to apply those solutions properly.
In this section, we have provided the most effective ways to remove this error. Have a look at those solutions and try to apply them as instructed.
Check and Ensure that the RPC services are Working Properly
In most of the cases, this error is the sign of the RPC services workability issue. Hence, you need to start the troubleshooting task from there.
Now, to resolve the RPC services workability issue on the system, follow the given steps.
- Press the Windows key + R key to launch the Run Dialog Box. Then, type “services.msc” and press the Enter key or the OK button.
- This will open the Services window on the screen. In that window, you will get a list of all those services which are installed on the system.
- From that list look for the DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and RPC Endpoint Mapper.
- Check, if they are showing the Running status and the startup is set to Automatic. If they are not then you need to open the Registry settings.
- To do that launch the Run Dialog Box again and type “regedit“ on it. Then, hit the Ok button or the Enter key to open the Registry Editor window.
- Now, in that window navigate to below-given directory location and open it up:
- In that directory, you need to look for the Start registry key. Double-click on it to open up the DWORD window. There you need to set the Value data to 2.
Issue 1: DCOM Server Process Launcher service
- If the DCOM Server Process Launcher service is showing you the same workability issue like the RPC services then navigate to the given directory location:
- Inside that directory, try to find out the Start registry key and double-click on it. The DWORD window will pop-up on the screen. In that window, reset the value data to 2 and hit the OK button.
Issue 2: RPC Endpoint Mapper Service
- Apart from these two services, if the RPC Endpoint Mapper is giving out the same issue then go to: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcEptMapper”.
- There you need to find and double-click on the Start registry key in order to open the DWORD window.
Once you have checked and fixed all the RPC services related stuff, reboot the system and check whether the error is removed or not.
Modify the Windows Firewall Settings
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall blocks all the traffic requested by RPC or third-party application which required RPC server. Now, that block issue informs the user about the “RPC server is unavailable” error message.
To fix this blockage issue on the system, you need to modify the Windows Firewall setting and to do that go through the given instructions.
- Open the Run Dialog Box by press the Windows key + R key at the same time.
- Then type “control“ on it and press the Enter key or OK key.
- On the Control Panel windows, look for the Windows Firewall section. Under that section, you will get the Allow an app through Windows Firewall option. Click on it.
- A window will pop-up on the screen. In that window, look for the Remote Assistance option and check the box beside it.
After doing that, reboot the system and launch any application like the Avast to verify the status of the Avast RPC server is unavailable Windows 10 error message.
Check the Internet Connection
Another factor that can trigger this error on the system is a bad internet connection. And to fix that problem, you need to change the internet connection related settings on the system.
To do that follow the given steps and implement them without any hassle:
- Launch the Run Dialog Box and type “ncpa.cpl” on it and hit the Enter button or OK key.
- This will open up the Network Connection window on the screen.
- In that window, right-click on the connection mode which you are using and then select the Properties option.
- A new pop-up window will appear on the window. There you need to check the box beside the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
Once you have done that, hit the Apply button and then click on the Ok button. Now, you just need to look for the error message.
Now, if none of the given solutions works for you then it might be possible that the error is triggered by the corrupted OS. And to resolve that issue you need to install a fresh version of the Windows 10 OS.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions are helpful enough to assist you in this error removal task. However, if you need more information regarding the “RPC server is unavailable” error then keep following our upcoming articles.