Android error code 940 is one of the most annoying glitches that is encountered by Android users while downloading the application from the Google Play Store. With this error, you are unable to download the application from the Play Store. You can see this error code with the error message is “App could not be downloaded due to an error.”
Basically, this error code occurs if there is a problem with the internet connection. Sometimes, due to the cache data, cookies or if the Android system is running out of space, then this error might occur.
Many users have reported that they cannot download the application and that’s the reason they want to fix this error as soon as possible. If you are one of them who are searching for the troubleshooting process, then this article will definitely help you. Go through this article carefully and you will get to know the easy and effective procedures to fix this particular error on your Android device.
Handful of Procedures to Troubleshoot Android Error Code 940:
Before going to any procedures, at first, you should restart your Android phone. Sometimes, restarting the Android phone can fix various problems that you have encountered on your Andriod device. After restarting this, check whether the error is still there or not. If yes, then you can apply other procedures to resolve Android error code 940. There are several procedures that can help to fix this error quickly and efficiently. Hence, you can have a look at the given procedures below:
Procedure 1 – Check the Internet Connection
After getting this error code, you need to check whether the network is properly connected or not. Sometimes, due to the poor internet connection, it can cause this error. So, you need to properly connect the network with the device. If you use the WiFi connection, then disconnect the connection and then reconnect it. Further, if you use the mobile network, then turn off the network and again turn it on. After that, check whether the problem is fixed or not. After doing this, if the problem still appears, then you can use another procedure given below.
Procedure 2 – Remove the Cache Data
By clearing the cache data, you can easily resolve Android error code 940. If you want to know how can you clear the cache data, follow the steps cited below:
- Firstly, open the Andriod phone.
- Then tap on the Settings icon to open it.
- In the Settings section, go to the Devices tab and then tap on the Apps button.
- When the Apps section opens, scroll down the page and find the Google Play Store, tap on it to open it.
- After that, tap on the Storage and then you can see the Clear Cache button, tap on it. Now the cache data is removed from the device.
After removing the cache data from the Google Play Store, you need to also clear cache from the Google Play Services on the Android device. To do so, follow the listed below steps:
- Open the Settings section and then tap on the Devices section.
- In the Devices section, go to the Apps section and find the Google Play Services, tap on it.
- Then go to the Storage box and then tap on the Clear Cache button to remove them.
Once you are done with these steps, restart the Android device and then try to download the application and check if the error shows up or not.
Procedure 3 – Uninstall the Google Play Store Updates
When you get this error message on your Android device, you need to uninstall the Google Play store updates from the device. To perform this procedure, follow the steps which are instructed below:
- At first, launch the Settings application.
- In the Settings section, navigate to the Devices tab and then you can get the Apps button, tap on it.
- Under the Apps section, find the Google Play Store, tap on it.
- In the Google Play Store window, select the More button. Then tap on the Uninstall Updates button to uninstall it. After that, tap on the OK option.
Procedure 4 – Remove the Google Account
This is an alternative procedure that we have discussed to fix this error code on the Android device. Sometimes, this problem occurs with your Google account. So, you need to remove it from your Android system. To delete your Google account, follow the instructions cited below:
- First of all, launch the Settings section.
- When the Settings section opens, go to the Personal section and then tap on the Accounts button.
- After that, select Google and then tap on the More button which is located at the top right side corner.
- Under the More section, you will get an option Remove account, tap on it. After that, you will see a confirmation page will open. Tap on the Remove button. After removing your account, you need to again sign in your Google account and then try to download the application.
Procedure 5 – Factory Reset Data
After performing all the previous procedures if the error code still occurs, then you need to simply reset the phone in order to solve Android error code 940. To do so, follow the steps carefully:
- At first, open the Settings application.
- From the Settings section, go to the Personal section and then tap on the Backup & Reset button.
- After that, tap on the Factory data reset button to open it. In that window, you will get an option Reset Phone, tap on it.
- In the next window, tap on the Erase everything button to completely remove it.
- Once the process gets completed, restart the Android phone and then check if the error is solved or not.
Procedure 6 – Update the Google Play Store
By updating the Google Play Store, you can also resolve this error code from the Android device. Here you will get the steps to complete this procedure:
- Open the Google Play Store application.
- In that application, go to the Menu section and check whether any updates are available or not.
- If yes, then you will see an Update option, tap on it to begin the update process.
- Once the update process gets finished, restart the device and then try to download the application.
We hope these procedures will help you to eliminate Android error code 940. You will able to fix this error by following the procedures which are discussed in the above section. Go through these procedures carefully and perform them accordingly on your Android device to get resolved this error message. Hence, if you need any technical guide to fix this problem, then you can consult with a technical expert.