Network routers by Netgear are very popular in this day and age, because of the quality of these. And also the different cool features that you can get from these devices. One of the most useful of such features is the Netgear Genie. It is a control center for your Netgear devices, right from your computer screen. But since Netgear routers have numerous features, controlling all of them can be rather complicated. So, to be able to use this powerful software the right way. In this article, you’ll find a step by step guide for Netgear Genie Setup. It is not a very complicated process at all.
You’ll be able to do it all by yourself with proper instructions, which you’ll get here in this particular article. But more than that, you’ll also have an idea about the necessity of a proper Netgear Genie Smart Setup.
The Importance of Netgear Genie Setup
Netgear routers are pretty advanced devices and they provide a lot of cool features. Thus, giving you interruption free and secure WiFi signals for however many devices you want it to.
These are not only popular for use at the homes of people but also in offices. Although, there are range limitations with Netgear routers just like any other. But with Netgear WiFi range extenders, you’ll be able to counter that limitation easily.
The best part is that you’ll be able to control and configure all these powerful devices right from your computer. That’s where Netgear Genie comes in, a powerful software interface which will let your control over the Netgear devices. Bringing all those complex processes in one place.
For your router, you’ll have to put in the correct settings through the Netgear Genie. That way, there will be fewer complications if any during usage. That is the same case for the other Netgear devices which you may use.
The Netgear network routing devices like the routers, the WiFi repeaters, and the range extenders are very powerful and complex. To make them work together without failure is quite difficult. This is what Netgear Genie will allow you to do in an easy way. So, to utilize the benefits of it, you need to know Netgear Genie Setup.
You’ll be able to monitor the performance of those devices, with critical information like signal strength status, range etc. This is mainly the example for routers. However, you’ll get the same degree of control for the other devices as well.
There is this feature called Smart Wizard which makes the setup processes much easier. Like if you want to set your router for cable connection. We have covered all of that in the following section.
Step By Step Netgear Genie Setup Process
The process we have listed here is how you can configure your Netgear network router using the Netgear Setup Genie. You’ll see how the Smart Setup Wizard makes this process simpler.
- First, go ahead and connect the modem to your Netgear router through the internet port. Also, connect your computer system through the LAN connection ports.
- Now, switch off all these devices and then switch them back on again. Wait till all of them have finished booting.
- Now, in a web browser on your computer, type the IP address of the router that you’re using in the address panel. Complete by pressing Enter.
- You’ll come to the login page for the router, where you’ll have to log in.
- In the Username and Password section, put in the default username ‘admin’. And in the password section out in the default password, which is ‘password’.
- Now, in the window that appears, look for the Setup Wizard option and then click on it.
- Once that window comes up, select the Yes radio button and click on Next.
- The software will check for the type of internet connection. Which will be a Dynamic IP in this case.
- To finish the setup process, click on the Next button once again. Thus, all the changes that you’ve made will be saved.
In case you want to confirm a proper connection to the internet, go to the Maintainance section and there select the Router Status option. Now, in the IP address section, check whether you see an IP address that is valid.
This completes the Netgear Genie Setup process and you’ll be good to use your internet connection from here on.