While installation or updating the MS Office application, a user may encounter various types of issues or errors with it and the error code 30068-4 is one of them. Most of the time, this error is triggered by the malfunctioning software of the users’ system. However, sometimes, the error code 30068-4 is caused by simple misconfigurations and the intervention of the other applications in the MS Office application workflow.
Now, if you want to know about ways to troubleshoot the MS Office’s error code 30068-4, then follow this article till the end. This is because we have provided all the possible ways to do that here. But, before going into the solution part, let’s have a look at the major causes of this error.
Major Causes of the MS Office’s Error Code 30068-4
In a system, there are many types of problematic factors that can create this error on your MS Office applications. And we have provided some examples of those problematic factors in the area below. Have a look at them:
- System files getting corrupted.
- Windows Firewall or antivirus application is blocking the internet connection the MS Office
- Glitches in the MS Office application
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of the MS Office’s error code 30068-4, then let’s have a look at is solutions.
How to Troubleshoot the MS Office’s Error Code 30068-4?
There are many ways by which you can remove this error from your system and some of the best methods to do that are given below. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed:
Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall
If this error appears on the MS Office application while performing an updating process, then it is quite possible the error is triggered by the Windows Firewall or installed Antivirus application.
Usually, in order to avoid any type of virus and malware attack, security application like the Windows Firewall block the connection between the application and the server which cause various types of errors in the affected application. Now, if the same thing is happening with your MS Office application then follow the given steps:
- Open the Control Panel window and click on the System and security option.
- The system and security window will open up on the window. In that window, you will get the Windows Firewall option. Click on that option and enter into its window.
- There you need to click on the Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option. You will get it on the left side of the window.
- Now, a new window will come up on the screen. In that window, you need to select the Turn Off firewall option for both the Private and Public network.
- Then, click on the Apply button and the OK button in order to save all the changes
After doing that, close everything and lunch the MS Office application. Then, try to update it and check whether the error is removed or not.
Apart from the Windows Firewall, if you are running any third-party antivirus application on your system, then try to disable it in order to remove the MS Office’s Error Code 30068-4. And to do that, you need to follow those deactivation instructions which are provided in the provided manual book or on the official website of the Antivirus company.
Run the SFC Scan
Another thing that can trigger this error in the MS Office application is the file corruption issue in the Windows system files. And in order to fix that issue, the users need to repair those files with the SFC tool. Now, if you want to use that tool on your system then follow the provided steps.
- Open the WinX menu by pressing the Windows key + X key at the same time. Then click on the Command Prompt ( Admin) option in order to launch the Command Prompt window with Administrative rights.
- In the Command Prompt window type sfc /scannow and hit the Enter key.
This will start SFC scan on your system. During this process, the SFC tool tries to locate all the corrupted files present on your system and repair them one by one. After the scanning process gets completed, reboot your system and launch the application in order to verify the status of the error.
Modify the Registry Files
Sometimes, users are able to remove this error from the MS Office application by modifying the value of certain Registry Files. And it might be possible the same trick work for you also. Now, to try it out, follow the given steps:
- Press the Windows key + R key at the same time and open the Run Dialog Box Then type “regedit” on it and hit the Enter key or the OK button.
- The Registry Editor window will come up on the screen. In that window first, you need to locate the following folders and delete them one by one.
- After that, go the Office common registry folder and change the Dword value of below-given files. To do that, double-click on the file. A pop-up box will appear on the screen. In that box, you will get the DWORD value option. Change it from 0 to 1 and click on the OK button.
Once you have done it, open the MS Office application and look for the error.
Reinstall The MS Office
Now, none of the above-mentioned works for you then try to reinstall the MS Office application on your system by following the below-given steps:
- Open the Control Panel window and click on the Uninstall programs and features option. You will get that option under the Program section.
- In the Uninstall programs and features window, you will get a list of all those applications which are installed on your system. From that list, you need to locate and the Microsoft Office options and then click on the Uninstall button.
After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the uninstallation process. Once it is finalized, follow the steps given in the below section in order to perform the Installation process.
- Go to the Office My Account and login into your account using the registered email ID and password.
- Then, click on the install Option present under the Office product. Now, save the installer setup if it comes up on the window.
- After that, the installation process will start on your system. During that process, make sure nothing interrupts it.
Once the installation process gets completed, click on the finish button and launch the application. Now, check whether MS Office’s Error Code 30068-4 is removed or not.
We hope that our solution and suggestions are helpful to you regarding the MS Office’s Error Code 30068-4. For more information on this topic or any other tech-related stuff, keep following our upcoming articles.