While installing an application, a user may face various types of errors or problems and this is all the same for Google Chrome also.
The error code 0x8004071B is a very common installation error and it is mostly triggered by the software misconfiguration.
Now, if you want to know how to fix Google Chrome error code 0x8004071B, then follow this article to the end. This is because we have provided all the possible ways to remove this error here. Now, without wasting any time, let’s have a look at them.
Causes of the Google Chrome Error Code 0x8004071B
In this section of the article, we have provided some of the examples of those problematic factors which can generate this error with your Google Chrome. Have a look at them:
- Corrupted system files.
- Internet connectivity issue.
- OS compatibility issues in the Google Chrome installer.
- Problems in the Windows Update application
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of the error code 0x8004071B with Google Chrome, then let’s have at its solutions.
Ways to Fix Google Chrome Error Code 0x8004071B
In order to remove the installation error from your Google Chrome, you need to follow the below-given methods properly. Now, let’s have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed.
Reset the Windows Update
Usually, this error is triggered by workability issues in the Windows Update application and to fix that problem the user needs to reset the application. Now, to apply that method on your system follow the given instructions:
- Launch the Run Dialog Box by pressing the Windows key + R key. Then type “services.msc” on it and hit the Ok button. This will launch the Sevice window.
- In that window, you will get a list of all the applications which are installed on your system. From that list, locate the Windows Update option and right click on it. This will open the context menu. In that menu, you will get the Stop option. Click on it and deactivate the Windows Update application.
- Now, open up the Run Dialog Box again and type“%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore in this new window “ and hit the Ok button or Enter key. This will open the Windows Explorer on the screen. There you need to delete all the contents of the folders but not the folder.
- After that, you need to restart the Windows Update application and to do that you need to revisit the Sevice window and start the Windows Update option.
Once you have done that, try to restart the Google Chrome update installation process and look for the error.
Run the SFC Tool
Sometimes, this issue is triggered by corrupted system files and it is quite possible the same thing is creating this error in your Google Chrome. Now, in order to eliminate that error, you need to repair those corrupted files and to do that, follow the given steps:
- Press the Windows key + X key at the same and open the WinX menu. Then click on the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- This will launch the Command Prompt window on the screen. In that window, you need to type “sfc/scannow” and hit the Enter key.
Now, a file scanning process will start on your system. During that process, the SFC tool will try to locate and repair all those corrupted files which are present on your system. The SFC tool will take some time to complete this task, so be patient about it. Once it is finished, reboot your system and check the error is eradicated or not.
Modify the Windows Register Key
In a few cases, users are able to remove this error from their Google Chrom browser by modifying the Windows Register Key. And it might be possible the same trick works for you also. Now, to try out this method on your system, follow the given instruction.
- Lunch the Run Dialog Box and type “regedit” on it. Then hit the Ok button or Enter key.
- This will open up the Registry Editor window on the screen. In that window, you need to locate the given folder and remove all its value.
- “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\State\ImageState” folder and remove all its value.
After doing that, enable the Google Chrome installer and look for the error code 0x8004071B.
Use the Offline Installer
Now, if none of the above-mentioned solutions works for you then it is quite possible the Google Chrome installer that your using is suffering for some connection issue or compatibility issue. And in that case, you should use the offline installation file. To get that file visit, Google Chrome’s official website and try to look for it.
We hope that our solution and suggestion are helpful to you regarding the Google Chrome error code 0x8004071b. However, if you need more information on this topic or any other tech-related stuff then keep following our upcoming articles.