The Chrome error code 0x80004002 can open up in your system at any time whenever you use the Google Chrome web browser. Basically, this error shows up when you attempt to update the browser. However, there are several kinds of causes for the occurrence of this issue.
Some of the most common reasons are that if the security software or the firewall block the accessibility of the update server, then you might encounter this problem. Even, due to a poor network connectivity problem, there is a possibility that you might face this technical glitch.
Moreover, if the Google Chrome software is not up-to-date, then also you might face this problem. Thus, to resolve this problem, follow this article to the end.
Amazing Methods to Remove the Error Code 0x80004002 on Google Chrome:
In this section of the article, we have discussed several methods that can help you to fix this Chrome error Code 0x80004002 in an easy and simple manner.
The Process to Deactivate the Windows Firewall
If the firewall of the Windows Operating System blocks the accessibility to contact the update servers of the Google Chrome, then you can get this error. Therefore, the best answer to resolve this problem in a proper way is to disable the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’.
In order to get fixed Chrome error code 0x80004002, follow the steps that will be mentioned beneath.
- First, press the ‘Cortana’ logo present on the Taskbar to open the search area. Next, within that area, type in the text “control panel”.
- Now, from the result of this search, locate and right-click on the ‘Control Panel’ option. Then, from the popup menu that comes up, select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- This action will launch a new window with the name ‘Control Panel’ which contains all the settings of the computer within the list. All these settings can be altered whenever you want.
- From the list within this window, choose the ‘System and Security’ option. When a new page comes up, then select the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’.
- Once another page shows up, then go to the left panel and choose the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ link. Now, a page with the name ‘Customize Settings’ will appear.
- Under the ‘Private network settings’ and ‘Public network settings’ inside this page, choose the ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option. After that, to confirm this alteration, choose the ‘OK’ button.
- Finally, restart the computer and see if this problem reappears or not.
Inspect the Connectivity of the Internet
When the network connection does not work or is poor, then you might get this error code 0x80004002 on Google Chrome web browser. The feasible solution to eliminate this error is to check the network connection of the router by power cycling it.
Here are the steps to perform this process.
- First, press the Power button at the rear of the router device to shut down. Next, take out the Power cable from the wall socket and remove the ‘Ethernet’ and ‘LAN’ cable also.
- After that, wait for a minute or more. Then put back the ‘LAN’ and ‘Ethernet’ cables at the back of the router. After that, plug in the Power cable into the wall socket and start the device.
- Now, inspect whether there is a network connection available or not. If there is no internet connectivity, then contact an ISP.
Update the Google Chrome Browser
When the Google Chrome software is not up-to-date, then you can encounter this glitch. Now, the only way to solve this issue is to perform an update process of the Google Chrome web browser. To complete this procedure, follow the steps described below.
- First, double-click the ‘Google Chrome’ icon on the desktop to open it.
- When the browser window comes up, then tap on the ‘three vertical dots’ present on the upper right edge of the window. As soon as you do that, then a drop-down menu will come up.
- Now, from that menu, locate and then choose the ‘Help’ option. After that, a sub-menu will show up. Select the sub-option ‘About Google Chrome’ in it.
- At this moment, a new page will come up and then automatically the system will look for any updates for the browser. If any updates are available, then that will be downloaded automatically.
- Once the download process gets over, then click on the ‘Relaunch’ button.
- Finally, when the Chrome browser launches once again, then check if you encounter this issue or not.
Remove and Install the Google Chrome Browser Once Again
If the Google Chrome error code 0x80004002 cannot be rectified even after updating the Chrome web browser, then as a last resort, try to uninstall and reinstall the web browser. Follow the steps below to do so.
- First, press both the following keys ‘Windows + R’ keys altogether. This process will launch a new Run dialog box.
- Inside that dialog box, type the text “control panel” on the blank space beside the ‘Open:’ label. Then, tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- As soon as you do this, then a new window comes up with the name ‘Control Panel’. Within that window, locate and then select the settings category ‘Programs’.
- Next, when a new page appears, then choose the ‘Programs and Features’ link from the list.
Some Additional Steps to Perform:
- Once you have done that, you will find that another page will come up where you will get information about all the programs installed within the computer on a list.
- From that list, find the ‘Google Chrome’ option and choose it. Then, right-click on the option and select ‘Uninstall’.
- When the Uninstaller window of the Google Chrome appears, then follow the on-screen instructions and press the ‘Uninstall’ button. This action will initiate the removal process.
- Once the uninstallation procedure gets completed, then reboot the computer. When the machine starts up once again, then open a default browser.
- In that browser, visit the official ‘Google Chrome’ page and then download the setup file. Once the download gets over, then open the setup file and install the Chrome browser.
- Lastly, launch the newly installed Google Chrome and see if this error comes back or not.
To fix the Chrome error code 0x80004002 all you need to do is to follow all the steps from the previous section carefully and minutely.
But, even after following all the steps in the above section, if you cannot able to solve this issue, then no need to worry at all. Just provide the details about the problems that you are getting on the comment section at the bottom of this webpage. We will try to provide you some additional solutions.