While using the Outlook 2011 application on the Mac, there are chances that you might come across the error code 1025 suddenly. Particularly, this glitch can appear when you attempt to update the Outlook application.
Whenever this issue comes up on your Mac, then it can display with a variety of error messages – “unknown namespace”, “cannot create mailbox”, “error 1025”. However, there can be various reasons as to why this error occurs.
Some of the probable causes are that, if the Outlook application itself is not up to date, then you can encounter this issue. Also, if there is some malfunction with the IMAP account, then there is a possibility to face this problem.
Therefore, in order to stop this error from appearing, read this article fully.
What is IMAP?
To simply put the IMAP or Internet Mail Access Protocol is a way to access all the email messages that are present on the server directly without downloading them.
In other words, IMAP is an email protocol that allows you to see and manipulate all the emails stored within the mail server.
Solutions to Eradicate the Qutlook Error Code 1025 Easily
This is a section within the article that can help you to eradicate this issue in a very simple and efficient manner. Hence, follow as instructed below:
A Process to Perform the Outlook 2011 Application
When the Outlook 2011 application is obsolete, then there is a chance for you to encounter this glitch. Now, in order to remove this issue from the Mac, the best solution is to perform an update of the Outlook application. Here are the steps on how you can achieve it.
- First, inspect the version of the Mac Operating System, it should be 10.5.8 or later. To check it, tap on the ‘Apple’ logo to open the menu. Then, from that menu, choose the ‘About This Mac’ option and carefully see the version number.
- Next, examine the version of the ‘Office for Mac 2011’ application, it will be from 14.1.0 or after that. To do that, follow the substeps below.
- On the desktop of the Mac, navigate to the upper menu and then, choose the ‘Go’ app menu. This will launch a drop-down menu. Now, from that menu locate and select the ‘Applications’ option.
- At this moment, a new window will come up. From this window, find and then choose the ‘Office for Mac 2011’ folder and open it.
- Next, from the list of all the ‘Office’ program tap anyone to initiate the same. Once a requisite program is on the screen, then go to the menu bar and select the ‘About’ menu.
- As soon as a new dialog box will come up, that has a name ‘About (followed by the application name)’, then minutely check the version and note it down.
- Now, locate and open the web browser, then visit the official ‘Microsoft’ website. Search for the ‘Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 update’.
- When a new page appears then see the version number of the application. If that number is more than the application that is present within the Mac, then click on the ‘Download’ button.
- Once the download procedure gets over, then locate the setup file on the ‘Downloads’ folder. After that, drag that file and drop it on the desktop.
- Then, double-click on the setup files to open the installer window of the ‘Office for Mac 2011’ update package. Next, follow the information that comes up on the installer window and install the updates.
- Now, wait for the installation process to complete. Once the procedure of the installation gets over successfully, then quit the installer and remove the setup file from the Mac.
- Finally, restart the Mac and then check whether this issue appears or not.
Steps to Delete the Outlook IMAP Account:
In this point, you will get the various steps that will aid you to get rid of the Outlook account. In order to do that follow the steps present underneath.
- First, locate the ‘Outlook’ application from the Dock present at the bottom of the desktop and click on it to open the same.
- After that, within the Outlook window go to the menu bar and then select the ‘Tools’ menu. Then, from the popup menu that shows up, choose the ‘Accounts’ option.
- Next, inside the ‘Accounts’ window, locate the ‘IMAP account’ section. Now, from the list that comes up, choose the IMAP account that you wish to remove.
- To delete that distinct IMAP account from the list, just press the minus key on the keyboard or you can even hit the ‘-’ icon present at the side.
- At last, when the account is removed, then restart the Mac to confirm the changes made to the machine.
Procedure to Make a New Outlook Account
Here at this point, you will get the simple procedure that will help you in the creation of a new account on the Outlook application. For that to happen, follow the steps beneath.
- First, on the Mac machine double-click on the ‘Outlook 2011’ application and launch it.
- Next, when the ‘Outlook 2011’ application window opens up, then locate and click on the ‘Email Account’ option. Now, to add an email ID tap on the ‘+’ symbol if the option is not visible. If an email account has already been created, then no need to follow this step.
- Now, when the dialog box comes up, with the name ‘Enter your account information.’. Then, inside it put the credentials of your email account and press the ‘Add Account’ button.
- After that, select the ‘More Option’ button. Next, from the authentication box that comes up, choose the ‘Use Incoming Server Info’ option.
- Once all the information is correctly set, then check whether this information is verified or not.
- Lastly, hit on the ‘OK’ button.
To solve the Outlook error code 1025 easily you can follow all the steps that are mentioned on the above section.
But, even after following every point on the previous section, still, if you are unable to resolve this problem, Then do not worry.
Just, provide the details that you have faced on the comment section that is present at the bottom of this page. You can also directly get in touch with us for better solutions.